The CPTE*Certified Penetration Testing Engineer is a vendor-neutral certification offered by Mile2 for aspiring penetration testing engineers who are looking to enhance their hands-on experience regarding the penetration testing methodologies used by the industry professionals. The course also covers the five key elements of penetration testing, namely; information gathering, scanning, enumeration, exploitation and reporting. These five key elements form a basis of discovering the vulnerabilities in a given system.
The CPTE*Certified Penetration Testing Engineer course enhances the business skills needed to identify protection opportunities, justify testing activities and optimize security controls to reduce risk associated with working with the internet. The course utilizes the latest tools, such as Saint, Metasploit through Kali Linux and Microsoft PowerShell.
The Certified Penetration Testing Engineer exam is taken online through Mile2’s Assessment and Certification System (“MACS”), which is accessible on your mile2.com account. The exam will take 2 hours and consist of 100 multiple choice questions. The cost is $400 USD and must be purchased from Mile2.com.
- ACCREDITED by the NSA CNSS 4011-4016
- MAPPED to NIST / Homeland Security NICCS’s Cyber Security Workforce Framework
- APPROVED on the FBI Cyber Security Certification Requirement list (Tier 1-3)
- A minimum of 12 months’ experience in networking technologies
- Sound knowledge of TCP/IP
- Knowledge of Microsoft packages
- Network+, Microsoft, Security+
- Basic Knowledge of Linux is essential
Student Prep Guide
- CPEs: 40
Who Should Attend?
- Pen Testers
- Ethical Hackers
- Network Auditors
- Cyber Security professionals
- Vulnerability Assessors
- Cyber Security Managers
- IS Managers
Logistics of Pen Testing Part1 (13:23)
Logistics of Pen Testing Part2 (11:55)
Chapter 01 Quiz
Linux Fundamentals Part1 (7:50)
Linux Fundamentals Part2 (13:57)
Chapter 02 Quiz
Information Gathering Part1 (17:49)
Information Gathering Part2 (20:41)
Chapter 03 Quiz