Dorie Clark – Land Your Book Deal
We live in an era of almost infinite content creation – podcasts, blogs, social media, and more.
And yet, landing a book deal with a respected commercial publishing house is still a signal achievement.
To conference organizers who hire speakers, reporters who cover your beat, and assignment editors who book guests on national television, a commercially published book marks you as someone credible and worth listening to.
When I published my first book with Harvard Business Review Press in 2013, my business took a very different turn.
Since Reinventing You was released, I’ve been able to dramatically increase my fees and work with high profile clients. I’ve built a six-figure per year paid speaking business, and have traveled around the world teaching and giving talks (Thailand, South Africa, Brazil, Russia, France, Singapore, the Netherlands, and many more).
Landing a book deal with a major publishing house can be extremely helpful if your goal is to:
- Build your reputation as an expert in your field
- Attract new clients and business opportunities
- Enable you to command premium fees
- Launch a paid speaking career
- Secure prominent media opportunities
- Create intellectual property you can leverage to build an online course
In Land Your Book Deal, you’ll learn:
- How to structure a compelling book proposal (I’ll give you actual copies of my proposals to model)
- How to identify and target the right literary agent for you
- How to position yourself and your idea to make you irresistible to publishers
- What to expect in the process (typical timelines, advances, what’s expected of you as an author, etc.)
- How to develop your marketing plan to ensure your book is a success