Cor-Kinetic – Functional Therapeutic Movement Online
ONCE YOU HAVE PURCHASED YOU WILL RECEIVE AN EMAIL WITH LOG IN DETAILS FOR THE COURSE
THIS CAN TAKE A COUPLE OF HOURS SO DON’T STRESS IT IS COMING!
MODULE 1 – SETTING YOU UP – 1HR 13 MINS
- Welcome & the aims of the course
- What are the underlying principles of the Cor-kinetic approach?
- Critical thinking
- Why do people seek care – What do they want?
- Selling exercise to your patients – Why is it important?
- Being the coach and not the star player
- Resilience – Moving beyond pain
MODULE 2 – EXERCISE – 1HR 38MINS
- Exercise and pain – Whats the relationship?
- Vitamins – Why exercise should be like a balanced diet
- A constraints based approach to exercise and movement
- What do we want? – Outcome based exercise reasoning
- Exercise reasoning in action (2 videos)
- Not just exercise – also activity. Making it meaningful
MODULE 3 – CLINICAL REASONING – 1HR 22MINS
- Exercise dosage
- Donut not the hole – Exercising the WHOLE person
- Rehab reasoning
- 5R’s of rehab
- Exercise adherence
- Should we use painful exercise & if so how?
MODULE 4 – PAIN – 1HR 7MINS
- Modern models of pain (2 lectures)
- Pain as an experience
MODULE 5 – PAIN EDUCATION – 1HR 20MINS
- The when, what and how of pain education
- Classic pain messages
- Pain analogies
- Making pain education more effective
MODULE 6 – MOVEMENT – 1HR 10MINS
- How do we really move and what does that mean for us?
- Pains affect on movement
- Movement myths (2 lectures)
MODULE 7 – BPS MODEL & SUBJECTIVE ASSESSMENT – 1HR 30MINS
- BioPsychoSocial overview
- Subjective Assessment
- Goal setting
MODULE 8 – LOW BACK PAIN – 2HRS 30MINS
- Back pain guidelines
- Back pain beliefs
- Things we thought we knew about back pain but might need to rethink
- Exercise for back pain
- Exercise examples (12 videos) and clinical reasoning
- Case studies