Copy School 2020 by Copyhackers
Career-defining question for digital marketers, entrepreneurs and the well-paid copywriters who write for them:
If you guessed … how life-changing your digital course, software or coaching program is.
You’d be wrong.
You’d be wrong.
You’d be wrong.
You’d still be wrong.
Which is also…
The real reason copywriters and marketers drink.
- →It’s to calm the PTSD from that last time you hit “share” on a Google doc with your client or the higher ups and prayed to the copy gods that it actually converts.
- →It’s to grapple with the existential crisis that comes from stress-eating Cliff bars on a Sunday night and toggling through Spotify playlists waiting for inspiration to strike.
- →It’s to feign the confidence that you actually know what you’re doing when you get assigned an email sequence or sales page – while on the inside you’re helplessly trying to pacify a pitchfork-wielding mob of inner voices. (Was that last win a fluke?… Can I do it again?… Am I a one hit wonder like those Macarena dudes?… Should I just quit while my reputation and ego are intact?)
Or if you’re a business owner…
- →It’s to soothe the shot nerves from the last time you had to patch together a 5-minute copy education from the blogosphere in order to whip up the landing page, sales page and sales emails that would actually get your product into the hands of customers.
Allow me to be blunt…
- →Without the copy, the lofty acquisition goals you whiteboarded for that SaaS you spent 19 months coding are just that. Goals.
- →Without the copy, your online course (aka the reason your friends and family barely recognize you anymore) doesn’t enroll a single student.
- →Without the copy, the cash you’re sending to Zucks to put you in front of a hyper-targeted audience does nothing but help him target another 50-acre estate off the Amalfi coast.
- →Without the copy, your “next level” funnel that you spent all of last quarter’s marketing budget on is nothing but a set of lines and empty boxes spread out across an overpriced flow chart.
Writing High-Converting Copy is the Single Most Profitable Skill You Will EVER Master in Your Business or Career
We’ve proven it over and over again.
These wins didn’t come from months or years of learning and laboring.
This skill is literally priceless.
When you FINALLY have the confidence to turn your words into revenue, everything changes.
When you FINALLY have the ability to turn your Macbook Pro into a weapon of mass conversion, everything changes.
If you’re a marketer or business owner, this means:
- →Being able to login to Hubspot, ActiveCampaign, Mailchimp, etc. at 2:04 pm and celebrate new sales notifications in Stripe or Paypal at 2:15 pm.
- →Being able to bootstrap more effectively instead of trying to find a copywriter who either doesn’t know their value or is looking to take 2% equity on something that doesn’t exist yet.
- →Being able to capitalize on flash sales, new campaigns and, yes, the world’s most epic funnel – without worrying about how those “hungry empty boxes” will actually get fed.
If you’re an in-house or freelance copywriter, this means:
→Proactively pursuing bigger projects instead of self-sabotaging out of your fear of not being able to deliver.
→Being able to quote higher fees, negotiate a hefty raise or pushback on the pushback because you KNOW your copy makes you indispensable and invaluable.
→Being able to pinpoint where a client is leaving money on the table, and swooping in to save the day with your skills – while cashing bigger checks in the process.
The Proven 3-Step Path to Results-Based Mastery (and declaring yourself the Most Profitable Person in the Room)
Step 1: Master the Places Where Cash Changes Hands
2. Your Facebook and Instagram Ads (to turn strangers into traffic)
3. Your Landing Page (to turn traffic into leads)
4. Your Emails (to turn leads into primed prospects)
5. Your Sales Page (to turn primed prospects into customers)
Step 2: Need for Speed: Never start from scratch. Never second guess.
Step 3: Recognize Copy as the Universal Blood Type of Your Marketing Campaign