Brian Mackenzie & Erin Cafaro – The Art of Breath 101
The Art of Breath 101: Online Course is designed to introduce you to the basic principles and practices of breathwork. This course is a distillation of in-depth research and study into a full spectrum of breathwork possibilities.. Our goal in the Art of Breath 101: Online Course is simple;
To serve as a compass for you to explore your practice with educated curiosity regardless of your goal.
Instead of developing a singular methodology the Art of Breath 101: Online Course will provide principles of understanding that connect ancient and modern breath practices with the most up to date scientific research.
The Art of Breath 101: Online Course is an introduction to the basic concepts and applications of breath control and will serve as a gateway to developing a personal practice.
- Learn practical tools for applying breathwork in a variety of circumstances.
- Develop an understanding of breathwork principles based on modern science.
- Be exposed to a variety of practical scenarios that allow for real time practice of breathwork in a training environment.
- Learn simple tools for better adapting to stress.
- Learn new metrics that indicate stress levels and adaptability using the breath.
- Learn simple, yet effective, movement and mobility interventions to help improve breath quality.
- Learn how to conduct personal experiments to test the protocols for yourself.
- Develop an understanding of how to tailor breathwork to suit your personal needs.
- PART 1: Introduction
- PART 2: State
- PART 3: Mechanics
- PART 4: Physiology
- PART 5: Practicals & Trials
PART 6: Closing
Included with the Online Lecture presentations are specially designed supplementary course handbooks to support the learning process with additional information, visual aids, and room for note-taking. These beautifully designed handbooks can be kept in digital format or can be printed and included in your home library for continuing reference.
This course was designed to be completed with minimal equipment requirements. Most of the work can be done in the quiet of your own home or in any private, quiet space. The practical portions of the course require minimal equipment to perform and can be easily purchased at low-cost and found in most modern gym and training environments. All practical sessions are preceded with equipment review videos so you can perform the necessary work with the right tools.
– Dual lacrosse balls taped together for thoracic mobility exercises.
– Medium size playground ball for diaphragm work.
– Cardio equipment such as a stationary bike or rower.
– Access to dumbbells or kettlebells for carrying exercises.
In total, the course represents 6-8 hours of coursework including practical portions.
*Please note: You will have 60 days, after purchase, to complete the course. After this time, you will no longer have access to the online material. You will always have access to any PDF handbooks you download.
Upon completion of the Art of Breath 101: Online Course you will receive an Art of Breath Certificate to show that you have met the standards of completion. There are instructions contained within the course outlining how to obtain your NSCA CEU certificate.