This video presents unique and effective Body-Mind Centering® principles for working with your voice. The expressive qualities of our voice communicate to others who we are. Bringing kinesthetic and auditory awareness to our vocal structures allows us to better embody, articulate and balance them. This process opens pathways of expression between our unconscious and conscious mind and between ourselves and others.
- Gaining awareness of your own patterns of vocalization and facilitating repatterning in others
- Using spatial planes and vowel scales in shaping your pharynx for clear overtones and vowel production
- Distinguishing the production of pitch and intensity in your larynx (vocal cartilages and vocal diaphragm)
- Remembering your embryological development as it relates to voice
- Recognizing the psychophysical aspects of breathing and vocalization
These principles can be applied to any discipline that makes use of voice, breath and body: yoga, dance, bodywork, body-psychotherapy and other somatic movement practices.